Here is the difference between carom, american, snooker and pool balls.
The billiard ball was made of ivory from elephant tusks.
Today, ivory is forbidden.
The following video gives informations about the manufacturing process:
Veining on the surface of the balls was representative of the growth of the elephant tusk.
Some minor problems can be taken into consideration:
- When time goes by, ivory balls seemed to elongate, due to the tusk's nerve still active. Then the balls became oval.
- An elephant tusk was not always constant in the distribution of the masses. Some balls were relatively unbalanced.
- Sphericity was not perfect, they could deviate from their initial course
The composite balls :
The balls are made of composite by the company SALUC.
French billiard balls are divided into several categories:
- 3 ball: one red ball, a white ball and a yellow or spot ball
- The quality may be normal or superior
- one of them with a colored spot, or multiple spots, for better visualization of the spin.
The Korean' manufacturer 'Cosmos Billiard' purposes also some 3 cushions billaird' balls:
The "PBA" balls are original and resistant:
This video shows the thermic stress withstanded by a billiard ball:
In the past, there was rack to store French Ball Billiard with time counter included:
View with details:
There is an example of washing machine for french billiard ball.
The balls are brewed in a cabin in which we introduce some special cleaning fluid.
Russian' game balls (big billiard table):
Here is a set of 15 balls.
This russian' balls are bigger than carom balls:
Russian' game balls (small billiard table with bumper and holes):
For the russian billiard, the balls' diameter is 47 MM:
Bowling' game balls
For this game, the balls' diameter is 48 MM and the jack's diameter is 38 MM.
Here are 3 types of balls:
- Ivory ball with drawning
- Politic balls for american' billiard
- Black balls for carom game